Subject: Re: 3DS MAX and LW 5.0 Reviews...
From: [email-masked] (Dave Thomas)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 16:12:39 -0700

>Dave Thomas wrote:
>>Unlike many, I'm looking forward to Max. It has some stuff that LW doesn't
>>(independent channels and a better material editor, for example).Will I get
>>the new version of LW? Of course! MetaNurbs and the new bones make it a must
>>have in my opinion. I do plan to put detailed reviews of Max and LW 5 on my
>>webpage after I've had them for awhile.
>>

>Great idea, Dave!  I think everyone on this list will benefit from and
>appreciate a side-by-side review of the two packages.  It might even help
>decrease the liklihood of 3DS vs. LW flamefests.
>
>Mitch-------------------------->[email-masked]

Well, that was one of my hopes. Also, I write reviews for magazines, and 
understand how readers are frustrated by the fact that reviews cannot go 
into the depth they would like. The idea here is that the reviews will be 
lengthy and detailed, so that someone who's unfamiliar with the program 
would be able to get a good sense of what the programs strengths/weaknesses 
are. I also want to compare each package to it's competitors. Hopefully 
people will find it useful.

I also don't get the whole "my program is better than yours" debating. I use 
a number of programs to get my work done. There is no perfect program. If 
there was, we would all be using it, and never have these conversations. 
Also, these mailing lists wouldn't exist, because since it's the perfect 
program, we would never need any help with it...ha ha.

Dave Thomas - MPix
"But just think of all the money you'll make down the road..." - Actual 
ex-employer quote
[email-masked]
http://www.best.com/~dthomas/